Banasura Hills Wayanad Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Banasura Hills Wayanad Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 28 reviews
Banasura Hills Wayanad Address: Kerala, 670731, India
Plan a getaway to the highest mountain range in the Western Ghats to treat your eyes to views that are hard to see anywhere else. Situated at a height of 6800 feet above sea level, Banasura Hill serves as an ideal holiday destination for all those individuals who are seeking to do something unique and different on their weekends. It is a great place for nature buffs and is indeed a go-to spot for trekkers.
Legend has it that a demon king named Banasura once had a showdown with Lord Krishna and this hill is said to be the aftermath of their epic battle.
Coming to the Banasura Hill Trek, it is not just a trek in the woods; it is a journey that takes you through verdant hills, sleepy rocky terrain, thick forests, and breathtaking panoramas. The trek starts at the foothills where the air is thick with the fragrance of the earth and the melodies of chirping birds.
As you ascend, the terrain changes, and the temperature drops. The cool mountain breeze becomes your companion, and the anticipation of what lies ahead keeps your spirit soaring. Along the way, you might stumble upon gurgling streams, adding a refreshing soundtrack to your journey.
Once you reach the top, it's like unlocking a treasure chest of stunning sights – hills covered in mist, valleys with lush greenery, and a sky that seems to go on forever. It's like a real-life painting of nature's best work.
Whether you’re a nature buff, an adventure seeker, or looking for a relaxing time away from the chaos of everyday life, Banasura Hill delights everyone. After all, it is a place where stories and nature come together under one roof. It is a place where every whisper of the wind conveys something. What’s more? Pack your stuff and get ready to have a gala time!
Things to do at Banasura Hills, Wayanad
- Explore the natural beauty surrounding Banasura Hill by taking a nature walk. You can witness diverse flora and fauna, making it an ideal activity for nature enthusiasts.
- The landscapes around Banasura Hill are breathtaking, providing ample opportunities for photography. Capture the scenic beauty, the dam, and the surrounding hills.
- Visit the Banasura Sagar Dam to admire some splendid views. Considered as the largest dam in the country, the Banasura Sagar Dam is located at the foot of this peak and is surrounded by an abundance of lush greenery and scenic beauty all around. Here you can try boating to soak in the tranquility of the water at its best.
- Lying in close proximity to the Banasura Sagar Dam is the Meenmutty Waterfalls which invites people to enjoy a cascading flow of water from a certain height. It is a three-tiered waterfall that adds to its overall beauty. Visitors can enjoy an adventurous trek to reach the top of this waterfall to add extra excitement and thrill to their Wayanad tour.
Travel Tips for Banasura Hills Trek, Wayanad
- Follow the "Leave No Trace" principles. Do not litter and take your trash with you.
- Carry an adequate supply of water, especially if there are no water sources along the trail. Staying hydrated is crucial during the trek.
- Wear moisture-wicking and breathable clothing. Layers are a good idea as weather conditions can change during the day.
- Pack only the essentials. Lightweight clothing, a rain jacket, trekking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, energy snacks, and a first-aid kit are essential items.
- Ensure you are physically fit and in good health for trekking. The Banasura Hills trek can be moderately challenging, so be prepared for uphill and downhill stretches.
- Register with local authorities or your accommodation provider before starting the trek. Inform them about your plans and expected return time. In case of an emergency, know the contact information for local authorities and emergency services.
Best Time to Visit Banasura Hills, Wayanad
October to February is the peak season to soak in the beauty of Banasura Hills. The temperature ranges from 10 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius, making it great for trekking and other outdoor activities. Not only this but the skies are clear and the natural beauty is at its best with lush greenery surrounding the area.
How to Reach Banasura Hills, Wayanad?
As a popular sightseeing place in Wayanad, Banasura Hills can be easily accessed by people of all age groups via local transportation. Once you arrive in Wayanad, you can look for options like auto-rickshaws, rental cars, and private taxis from the list of top car rental companies in Wayanad.
Please note that the Banasura Hills is located near Banasura Sagar Dam. You can start your journey from Kalpetta, which is one of the major towns in Wayanad. From Kalpetta, you can head south on NH766 towards Padinjarathara. After reaching Padinjarathara, take a left turn onto Padinjarathara-Meenangadi Road. Follow the road, and you'll reach Banasura Sagar Dam and Banasura Hills.
Book an all-inclusive Wayanad tour package with us to enjoy your time in Wayanad to the fullest. We at Wayanad Tourism possess several years of experience and expertise in organizing tours to popular tourist destinations in India. Our team has pre-designed the Wayanad travel packages for your ease. Depending on your holiday duration, budget, and other preferences, we can help you add a personal touch to the shortlisted packages or assist you in curating the one that suits all your requirements. To know more, please fill out the Contact Us form.