Wayanad is a district situated in the administrative center of the Kalpetta municipality in the state of Kerala. Wayanad possesses one of the most famous plateaus in South India enjoined by the southern section of the Deccan plateau and the Western Ghats.
Wayanad, which is renowned for its ephemerally pleasant weather, is the best place to go to escape the intense heat of North India. This location offers moderate temperatures, in addition to the natural forests, misty mountains, and expansive plantations. If you are looking to explore the pleasant ambiance and beauty of Wayanad you can book a Wayanad Darshan Package.
Wayanad, which is more often than not referred to as the spice garden of India, is home to numerous tourist attractions as well as huge orchards of numerous spices, including cardamom, fenugreek, star anise, black pepper, cumin, and others. The natural splendor of the hill station offers a refreshing break. You can plan a weekend trip to Wayanad with family, friends, or colleagues. Offering multiple options to explore the hill town, Wayanad Darshan Packages by Holidays DNA meets the needs of travelers with varying interests.
The city possesses a large number of national parks, reserves, and wildlife sanctuaries to safeguard the rural way of life in the forests. Wayanad is a mecca for trekking, hiking, mountaineering, rock climbing, rappelling, camping, and many other adventurous activities due to its massive mountains, deep forests, and gushing rivers.
We offer a curated list of Wayanad Darshan Packages designed to fulfill the demands of different types of travelers. Our list has the details of the popular sightseeing spots and best cab vendors from Wayanad to help you quickly plan your trip. Our team takes care of the end-to-end planning of your trip. They discuss your preferences and make all arrangements to make your trip comfortable and safe. Our tour packages are suitable for families, friends, couples, backpackers, and even solo travelers. We ensure complete safety as you conveniently visit your preferred sightseeing places in Wayanad.
Our customized Wayanad Darshan Packages allow you to personalize your trip and choose places to visit as per your interest. You can explore the best tourist attractions in and around Wayanad and enjoy a comfortable stay with our Wayanad tour packages with stay and hotel.
Our Wayanad tour packages also include the best cab services from the local providers. These are listed cab providers and trusted drivers who ensure you can comfortably visit the most popular sightseeing places in Wayanad.
Top Places to Visit in Wayanad Darshan Packages
Some of the places in Wayanad that you can visit on your Wayanad Darshan packages include:
1. Banasura Dam: The second-biggest earthen dam in Asia and the largest in India, Banasura Dam is a great location for camping, outdoor adventures, and making wonderful memories. From the campsite, you, your loved ones, or your friends can take in the breathtaking scenery of Banasura Earthen Dam. The campground provides you with pleasant and comfortable lodging on the dam's banks and focuses on adventure activities for lone travelers and outbound training courses for business groups.
2. Chembra Peak: With a height of 2,100 meters above sea level, Chembra, regarded as the tallest peak in Wayanad, provides a perfect location for exercising adventure and thrills for nature lovers.
The Chembra Peak Trek starts at the lowest point in the morning and ascends while you take in the stunning lakes, lush forests, and expansive views of Wayanad. Trek about 9 kilometers to the peak's summit, where you may take in the stunning aerial views over the entire Kozhikode area. Chembra is located 8 kilometers south of Kalpetta, close to the village of Meppady.
3. Thrissilery Shiva Temple: The Thrissilery Shiva Temple, a well-liked pilgrimage site in Wayanad, is one of Kerala's oldest temples. Lord Shiva is the principal deity here. The revered Thirunelli Temple in Wayanad is connected to this temple. It boasts beautiful carvings, is designed to unusual architectural proportions, and exudes serenity.
Additionally, there is a tiny Jala Durga shrine nearby in a body of water that drains into the Papanashini River. It is thought that unless you visit the Thrissilery temple, ancestral ceremonies at Thirunelli are still unfinished. It is built on a water tank that receives water from the Papanasini river and whose water never runs out. Winter is the ideal season to visit here.
4. Pallikunnu Church: Located near Meenangadi in Kerala's Wayanad district, Pallikkunnu Church is a Latin Catholic church that is 10 kilometers from Kalpetta and 35 kilometers from Sulthan Bathery. It is a well-known pilgrimage site in northern Kerala and one of the most visited holy sites in Wayanad.
Pallikkunnu Church, sometimes referred to as "Our Lady of Lourdes" Church, was built in honor of Lourdes Matha. Fr. Jefreno, a French priest, founded it in a European style in 1908. The church is surrounded by entrancing greenery, and the peace and tranquility of the setting, along with its unusual construction, add to its beauty. The fact that this church follows a number of rites and practices that are reminiscent of those seen in Hindu temples is an intriguing part of it.
5. Koottamunu Glass Temple: It was constructed as a memorial to the revered saint Parshawanatha Swami and is a prominent Jains attraction. The statues in the main shrine are reflected in the temple's internal mirrors, which are enticingly decorated. It is a lovely escape to visit this temple in the Vellarimala hills.
It lives up to its name, is crammed with thousands of glass mirrors, and is perfect for an amazing experience. The temple is majestic and distinctive, and because it is hidden in the forested hills, and is a photographer's dream as well as a treat for nature enthusiasts.
6. Wayanad Heritage Museum: The Ambalavayal Heritage Museum, one of Kerala's best-kept museums, is home to an extensive collection of artifacts that attest to the existence of advanced civilization in the Wayanad Mountains. One of the biggest and best archaeological museums in the state is this historical museum.
The museum's displays include several stone weapons, stone carvings, sculptures from the 14th to the 16th century, Megalithic Age pottery, hunting equipment, clay sculptures, and other intriguing artifacts. The museum displays hard and soft rock idols that were said to have been worshipped by the ancient people as well. The four blocks—Veerasmruthi, Gothrasmruthi, Devasmruthi, and Jeevanasmruthi are where the exhibits are preserved.
7. Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary: The Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary is one such location in Wayanad that has captivated the imagination of every hiker, ornithologist, and wildlife enthusiast. Here, natural forests, streams, and high hills all provide difficult trekking routes.
The best way to travel through the arid terrain of the bird sanctuary is probably a three-hour hike. The "Edible Nest Swift light" is what makes Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary famous. Visitors can observe a swarm of birds chattering and defending the skies inside the bird sanctuary, as well as numerous medicinal herbs and trees and an orchid plantation.
8. Pookot Lake: A freshwater lake in Wayanad near Kalpetta that resembles the Indian map is called Pookode Lake (or Pookot Lake). Every visitor is enthralled by this gorgeous lake, which is tucked away between evergreen trees and encircled by the Western Ghats.
At 770 meters above sea level, Pookot Lake is a natural freshwater lake. The Panamaram River, which runs through the valley to join the Kabini River, originates in Pookode Lake. You can visit this location for family outings, and boating amidst the tranquility and calming ambiance.
9. Varambetta Mosque: The Varambetta Mosque is located near Wayanad, around 15 kilometers from Kalpetta, in close proximity to Padinjrathara. The 300 years old mosque is the first one constructed in the Wayanad district. One of Kalpetta's top draws is the Varamvetta Mosque. The yearly celebration is grandly celebrated in this mosque every March.
10. Neelimala Viewpoint: Neelimala View Point is a must-see destination for adventure seekers as it offers one of the most captivating trekking experiences among Wayanad tourist attractions. It offers some excellent paths that travel across the Western Ghats' most beautiful scenery. Neelimala View Point offers gushing streams and lush valleys on the route up to the hill, which will come as a nice surprise to visitors.
These are just a few sightseeing places in Wayanad, if interested you can also plan a visit to other tourist places in Wayanad such as Anantnath Swami Temple, Edakkal Caves, and Lakkidi Viewpoint.
You can try trekking in Kanthanpara Waterfall to add adventure to your trip. It offers a refreshing experience in the lap of nature.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Wayanad Darshan Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi Darshan packages, Chennai Darshan packages, Kolkata Darshan packages, Hyderabad Darshan packages, and Mumbai Darshan packages.
If you have an extra day or two and wish to explore more areas near Wayanad on your Wayanad darshan packages, then you can choose an exclusive tour to places such as Seetha Devi Temple (34 km), Meenmutty Waterfalls (29 km), Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary (44 km), Kalpetta (13 km), and Valliyoorkavu Bhagavathi Temple (24 km).
Convinced? Hurry request a call back now and book a sightseeing trip in Wayanad!