Wayanad in Kerala is renowned for its vibrant spice farms, diverse wildlife, luxurious resorts, and affordable homestays. It is replete with glistening waterfalls and ancient caverns. It offers a refreshing escape from the humdrum of city life. With a plethora of sightseeing options and activities, all types of travelers including nature lovers and adventure seekers can explore Wayanad. For an exciting experience, you can book a Wayanad 1 Day Tour Package.
The wildlife reserves of Wayanad are home to extraordinarily diverse flora and fauna. The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, which is quietly situated within the Western Ghats hills, includes the Wayanad Wildlife Reserve. The serenity of these wild landscapes makes Wayanad the ideal destination for a weekend trip with family, friends, or colleagues. Offering a variety of sightseeing options, Wayanad 1 Day Tour Packages by Holidays DNA are designed to meet all your needs.
The most exciting activities to enjoy in Wayanad are walking through the vast spice farms, hiking to the prehistoric caverns, or taking a resort vacation. Wildlife spotting is equally exciting as you may come across varieties of animals such as elephants, leopards, and bears as you enjoy a safari through the jungles.
We have curated a list of Wayanad 1 Day Tour Packages designed specifically for travelers looking to explore Wayanad. It can be customized according to the needs of different types of travelers. We have put together a list of the best Wayanad cab vendors to make your trip convenient. We also assist in planning your trip and make all arrangements to make your 1 Day tour comfortable. Our tour packages are suitable for families, senior citizens, kids, backpackers, and even solo travelers. We ensure you are able to explore maximum sightseeing places in Wayanad during your stay.
The Wayanad 1 Day Tour Packages can be personalized to allow you to plan your trip as per your needs. You can explore the best tourist attractions in and around Wayanad and book a stay with our Wayanad tour packages with stay and hotel.
Our customized Wayanad tour packages cover most tourist places along with convenient cab services from local listed providers. They are well-versed with the region and use their expertise to ensure you are comfortable throughout the trip. They suggest the best experiences to make your tour enjoyable. The local cab service providers and their trusted drivers ensure your safety as you visit the popular sightseeing places in Wayanad.
Top Places to Visit in Wayanad 1 Day Tour Packages
1. Banasura Dam: The Banasura Sagar dam is nestled inside the Banasura Hills. The second-biggest earthen dam in Asia, Banasura Dam is the largest in the nation. The reservoir can be seen from the top of the dam in stunning detail. A hike up to Banasura Peak is packed with streams, varied flora, wildlife, and waterfalls. From the top of the hill, you can see Banasura Lake in all its captivating beauty. You can do motorboating.
2. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: The uncommon and endangered species of both flora and animals are found in Kerala's second-largest wildlife sanctuary, Wayanad. It is encircled by the areas of Bandipur and Nagarhole in Karnataka, as well as Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu. The wildlife sanctuary was established in 1973 and is a crucial component of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, which was India's first of 14 biospheres.
The sanctuary is divided into Upper Wayanad and Lower Wayanad, with a total area of 345 square kilometers. You can observe Bamboo and eucalyptus trees. The lush roadside vegetation and lovely plantations in the surrounding woodlands add to its charm.
3. Sulthan Bathery: Sulthan Bathery, formerly known as Ganapativatom, is a charming and tranquil town that can be found in Kerala's Wayanad district. After the great king Tipu Sultan of Mysore attacked the area and utilized the nearby Jain Temple as a bathery, the location acquired its current moniker. The village of Sulthan Bathery, which is 1000 meters above sea level, is known for its spectacular geography, which includes imposing hills dotted with valleys, cliffs, and plains.
4. Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary: A haven for environment lovers and bird watchers is the Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary. They have an amazing number of birds that are prospering in the sanctuary's restored natural setting. Also a favorite among campers, the sanctuary is home to uncommon plant and bird species.
In addition to the sanctuary's naturally protected landscape, there are numerous rock-cut caverns that may be explored. For ornithologists and wildlife lovers looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and have a rejuvenating holiday, it is one of Wayanad's most magnificent sightseeing attractions.
5. Kuruva Island: An island called Kuruvadweep is located in River Kabini. It is the only island in India with freshwater surrounding it. Kuruvadweep is a popular tourist destination because of its location and geographic features. Visitors come from all over the world to this region because of its mesmerizing beauty, and its scenery makes it a popular place for nature hikes.
6. Chembra Peak: The Wayanad district's tallest hill, Chembra, stands up to its reputation as a scenic spot. The summit, which is 2,100 meters above sea level, provides a breathtaking view of uncommon plants and animals. A heart-shaped lake, waterfalls, and lush vegetation line the whole route to the summit. Although it is a great location for hiking, you must first get permission to hike there. There are guided tours available to offer a holistic experience.
7. Pookot Lake: A natural freshwater lake, Pookode Lake, lies tucked away in the evergreen forests and forested hills about 2 kilometers from Vythiri. Pookode Lake, also known as Pookot Lake, is one of Wayanad's most attractive lakes. The lake is a great destination for a day trip, especially with family and close friends. It is reachable by a motorable road. You can enjoy boating, visit the freshwater aquarium, buy crafts, and simply stroll about.
8. Lakkidi Viewpoint: Lakkidi Viewpoint, renowned for its breathtaking beauty, is well-known for its nine hairpin caves and provides a magnificent view of the mountains in Wayanad. This location gives you a birds-eye view of the spectacular surroundings and leaves you speechless at the expansive scene before your eyes. It is renowned as a picnic location and is referred to as the "Gateway to Wayanad."
In addition to having the second-highest rainfall in the world, Lakkidi is a well-known tourist destination in Wayanad because of its foggy surroundings. It is located around 32 kilometers from Wayanad and at an elevation of 700 meters.
9. Thirunelli Temple: The Lord Maha Vishnu is the presiding deity of the Thirunelli Temple. It is surrounded by lovely hills and verdant trees and is situated in Kerala's Wayanad district. It is perched on one side of the Brahmagiri hills, near the Karnataka border, at a height of 900 meters, viewing the rugged terrain and dense woods. The Sahyamala Kshetram and Kashi of the South are other names for the Thirunelli Temple. Nelli means gooseberry in English. Before the temple was constructed, it is said that the Lord Vishnu image was initially discovered sitting on a gooseberry tree.
10. Wayanad Heritage Museum: The Ambalavayal Heritage Museum, also known as the Wayanad Heritage Museum, is an archaeological museum with a noteworthy collection of artifacts from local tribes. It is home to a fascinating collection of rare artifacts from the second century. Some of these artifacts, ornamental items, clay figures, memorial stones, etc., are dating back to the Neolithic era.
The four components of this archaeological museum are Devasmruthi, Gothrasmruthi, Veerasmruthi, and Jeevenasmruthi. The museum brings the past of our nation to life in a very unique way, from artifacts from early battles to adoring stone idols from the 12th to the 16th century.
These are just a few tourist attractions of Wayanad, if you have more time on hand you can also plan a visit to other places in Wayanad such as Anantnath Swami Temple, Koottamunu Glass Temple, Varambetta Mosque, Kanthanpara Waterfall, and Thrissilery Shiva Temple.
You can try trekking to Neelimala Viewpoint and add adventure to your trip. It is a popular vantage point. The sightseeing place offers an astounding view of the region and a refreshing experience in the lap of nature.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Wayanad 1 Day Tour Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi 1 Day tour packages, Chennai 1 Day tour packages, Kolkata 1 Day tour packages, Hyderabad 1 Day tour packages, and Mumbai 1 Day tour packages.
If you have an extra day or two and wish to explore more areas near Wayanad on your Wayanad 1 Day tour packages, then you can choose an exclusive tour to places such as Seetha Devi Temple (34 km), Meenmutty Waterfalls (29 km), Kalpetta (13 km), Vythiri (24 km) Valliyoorkavu Bhagavathi Temple (24 km), and Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary (44 km).
Excited to witness Wayanad? Hurry request a call back now from our team to start planning your trip and spend the best 1 Day in Wayanad!