Brahmagiri Hills Wayanad Entry Fee
- 50 per person for Adults
- 25 per person for Children
Brahmagiri Hills Wayanad Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 28 reviews
Brahmagiri Hills Wayanad Address: Manchalli, Kerala, 571250, India
Nestled in the heart of Wayanad, Kerala, the Brahmagiri Hills stand as silent sentinels, guarding the secrets of ancient tales and lush landscapes. Legend has it that these hills are named after Lord Brahma, the creator in Hindu mythology, who is believed to have laid the foundation stone for the range.
At the heart of Brahmagiri Hills lies the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, a haven for biodiversity enthusiasts and nature lovers. Here, the symphony of bird calls and rustling leaves accompany your journey, setting a soundtrack for exploration. Keep your eyes peeled, for hidden among the foliage are elephants, leopards, and a myriad of other creatures that call this sanctuary home.
The trek to the summit unveils a panoramic spectacle. As you stand atop the hills, you are greeted by a sweeping vista of the Western Ghats, adorned with mist-kissed valleys and shimmering streams. The view seems to stretch infinitely, beckoning you to unravel the secrets concealed within the folds of the hills.
For adventurous souls, Brahmagiri offers the challenge of the Thirunelli trek, a thrilling ascent that tests both stamina and spirit. As you conquer the rocky terrains and navigate through dense forests, the promise of reaching the summit becomes a triumphant conquest—one that rewards you with a sense of accomplishment and an unrivaled view.
As the sun dips below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, the Brahmagiri Hills transform into a realm of enchantment. The stars twinkle above, mirroring the mystical allure of this natural wonder. Whether you're a seeker of adventure, a lover of wildlife, or a soul in search of serenity, Brahmagiri Hills in Wayanad invites you to weave your own narrative amid its lush landscapes and ancient tales.
Things to do at Brahmagiri Hills, Wayanad
1. Trekking: Embark on a trek to the Brahmagiri Peak, which is the highest point in the region. The trek offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It usually starts from Iruppu Falls, and the trail takes you through dense forests and grasslands.
2. Wildlife Spotting: Explore the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary and keep an eye out for the diverse flora and fauna. The sanctuary is home to elephants, tigers, leopards, and various species of birds. Hiring a guide can enhance your chances of spotting wildlife.
3. Photography: Brahmagiri Hills provide ample opportunities for photography with its panoramic views, lush landscapes, and vibrant flora. Capture the beauty of the hills, especially during sunrise and sunset.
4. Camping: Consider camping in the foothills or at designated camping sites. Camping offers a unique opportunity to experience the serenity of the hills under the starlit sky. Ensure you obtain any necessary permits for camping in the area.
5. Bird Watching: Bird enthusiasts can enjoy bird watching in the Brahmagiri region. The sanctuary is home to a variety of bird species, making it a paradise for birdwatchers. Binoculars and a bird guide can enhance the experience.
6. Nature Walks: Take leisurely nature walks through the hills and surrounding areas. This allows you to appreciate the biodiversity, observe the local flora, and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
7. Relax and Meditate: Brahmagiri Hills offers a tranquil environment, making it an ideal place for relaxation and meditation. Take a moment to soak in the natural beauty and find peace amidst the hills.
8. Visit Thirunelli Temple: Pay a visit to Thirunelli Temple, an ancient and sacred temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is nestled in the Brahmagiri Hills and is surrounded by lush greenery. It is known for its unique location and tranquil atmosphere.
9. Take Time Out for Iruppu Falls: Include Iruppu Falls in your itinerary list of sightseeing exploration whenever you head to Brahmagiri Hills. Located at the base of Brahmagiri Hills, these falls are not only a sight to behold but also a refreshing spot for a dip. The falls are particularly captivating during the monsoon season.
Travel Tips for Brahmagiri Hills, Wayanad
- Wear comfortable and sturdy trekking shoes with good grip to make the most of the trek that takes you through rough terrain. Also, make sure to hire a local guide for trekking as the local experts are familiar with the terrain, flora, and fauna, enhancing your overall experience.
- Choose an attire that makes you feel comfortable and at ease all day long. Don’t forget to bring a cap as it is a must for people of all age groups.
- The weather in the hills can be unpredictable. Carry a light jacket or raincoat, especially if you're visiting during the monsoon season to stay prepared for sudden weather changes. It is important to pack a flashlight with extra batteries as well.
- Keep some light and refreshing snacks along with drinking water in your backpack to stay hydrated on your way. In case you feel you might need any medicine along with a first-aid kit, it is recommended to have it with you.
- Avoid littering and follow the principles of responsible tourism to preserve the natural beauty of Brahmagiri Hills.
- Check if you need any permits to enter the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary. Obtain necessary permissions in advance.
- Follow all the rules and regulations set by the concerned authorities to return home safe and happy.
Entry Fee and Timings to Visit Brahmagiri Hills, Wayanad
The entry fee to visit Brahmagiri Hills in Wayanad is INR 50 for adults and INR 25 for children. You can visit it between 10 in the morning and 4 in the evening.
Best Time to Visit Brahmagiri Hills, Wayanad
The post-monsoon season i.e., from September to February is considered the best time for trekking in Brahmagiri Hills. During this period, the weather remains pleasant with average temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
The landscape is lush and vibrant at this time of the year, thus creating a picturesque setting for nature lovers and photographers. Also, this time offers good opportunities for wildlife enthusiasts, as animals are more active in the cooler weather.
In summer, although the temperature ranges from 20°C to 35°C, it is still a comfortable time to soak in its beauty, especially at higher elevations. The hills are adorned with various flowers and blossoms during this period, adding to the scenic beauty.
How to Reach Brahmagiri Hills, Wayanad?
Reaching Brahmagiri Hills in Wayanad involves a combination of travel modes as the hills are situated in a remote and picturesque region of Kerala. Here's a guide on how to reach Brahmagiri Hills:
By Air: The nearest airport to Wayanad is Calicut International Airport, located approximately 100 km away. It receives frequent flights from different parts of the nation. Outside the airport, you can look for public transportation to commute further to your desired destination.
By Train: Kozhikode (Calicut) Railway Station is the major railway station closest to Wayanad. Once you reach Kozhikode, hire a taxi or take a bus to Wayanad. From Wayanad, proceed to Brahmagiri Hills by booking a private cab from the list of top car rental companies in Wayanad.
By Road: Wayanad is well-connected by road to major cities in Kerala and nearby states. Regular bus services operate from cities like Bangalore, Mysore, and Kochi to Wayanad. Alternatively, one can also plan to self-drive to be there in Wayanad at their ease.
In case you need any help with traveling, get in touch with us. We at Wayanad Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, strive to deliver the best experience to our diverse clientele. Depending on your holiday style, duration, and budget, our team assists you in shortlisting the best Wayanad tour package that suits your requirements the most. You can also alter the pre-designed itinerary as per your choice. Please fill out the Contact Us form for more details.