Kanthanpara Waterfalls Wayanad Entry Fee
- 40 per person
- 1000 for Bird watching for group of 5 people
- 500 for Trekking for group of 4 people
Kanthanpara Waterfalls Wayanad Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 22 reviews
Kanthanpara Waterfalls Wayanad Address: Meppadi, Kerala, 673577, India
Hidden deep within the lush, emerald embrace of Wayanad's tropical rainforests lies a secret – the enchanting Kanthanpara Waterfalls. This hidden gem of Kerala is a natural wonder that beckons to all who yearn for a tranquil escape into the heart of Mother Nature's most magnificent creations.
To reach this hidden treasure, one must venture on a short trek through the emerald veil of the forest. The path, adorned with lush foliage, offers a cool, shaded retreat from the sun's warm embrace. Each step is an opportunity to lose oneself in the sights and sounds of the jungle, to admire the delicate tapestry of leaves, and perhaps even to catch a glimpse of the vibrant birdlife that calls these woods home.
Upon arrival, the azure pool at the base of the falls invites travelers to partake in its cool, refreshing waters. A swim in its gentle embrace is an invitation to connect with the wild beauty of Wayanad, a chance to become one with the pristine environment.
The area surrounding Kanthanpara Waterfalls is not only a testament to nature's artistry but also a glimpse into the culture of the local tribal communities. Their traditional way of life, the flavors of their cuisine, and the intricate artistry of their handicrafts are all part of the experience.
Kanthanpara Waterfalls is a sanctuary of peace and solitude, an escape from the cacophony of city life. Here, you can find tranquility among the trees, solace in the symphony of flowing waters, and renewal in the embrace of the forest.
This hidden treasure in Wayanad is an ode to the Western Ghats, an enchanting fusion of nature's elements, and an invitation to discover the untamed beauty of Kerala's heartland. Kanthanpara Waterfalls is a testament to the power and grace of the natural world, an invitation to immerse oneself in its secrets, and a promise of serenity and wonder for those who seek its embrace.
Things to do at Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad
1. Sightseeing and Photography: Kanthanpara Waterfalls is a great place for sightseeing and capturing the natural beauty of the falls. Take your camera or smartphone and capture the stunning landscapes and the waterfall itself.
2. Nature Walks and Trekking: Explore the beautiful surroundings of the waterfall by going for a nature walk or a short trek. The trails leading to the falls offer a chance to immerse yourself in the region's rich biodiversity.
3. Picnicking: Pack a picnic and enjoy a meal amidst the natural beauty. There are designated areas where you can relax and picnic with family and friends.
4. Swimming: Depending on the water levels and current, you might be able to take a refreshing dip in the pool beneath the waterfall. However, be cautious and ensure that it's safe to swim.
5. Bird Watching: Wayanad is known for its diverse bird species. Bring your binoculars and bird guidebook to spot and identify the various birds that inhabit the area.
6. Relaxation: Simply sit by the waterfall, enjoy the serene environment, and let the sound of the water provide a calming and peaceful experience.
7. Village Visit: Explore the nearby local villages to experience the culture and traditions of the region. You can interact with locals, taste traditional cuisine, and buy local handicrafts.
Entry Fee and Timings of Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad
The entry fee to visit the Kanthanpara Waterfalls is INR 40 per person. For Bird Watching, it charges INR 1000 for a group of 5 people. In case you’re interested in trekking, you’ll need to pay INR 500 for 4 people.
Coming to the timings, the timings to soak in the picturesque beauty of Kanthanpara Waterfalls is from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM on all days and the ideal exploration time is 2-3 hours.
Travel Tips for Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad
- Dress in comfortable and breathable clothing suitable for walking or trekking. Also, wear sturdy walking shoes with good grip, as the trails can be slippery.
- Carry essentials like drinking water, sunscreen, and insect repellent. A small backpack can be handy for carrying your belongings and keeping your hands free.
- Avoid venturing too close to the edge of the falls as it can be dangerous. If you plan to swim, assess the water currents and depth carefully and ensure that it's safe to do so.
- Consider hiring a local guide. They can help you navigate the trails, provide information about the area, and ensure your safety.
- While enjoying the waterfall, be respectful of the environment. Do not litter, and take your trash with you. Preserve the natural beauty for future visitors.
- Kanthanpara Waterfalls offers fantastic photo opportunities. Don't forget to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the beauty, but be careful around water to prevent any accidents.
- Mobile phone reception can be limited in some areas of Wayanad, so inform someone about your plans and expected return time.
Best Time to Visit Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad
The best time to visit Kanthanpara Waterfalls is during the post-monsoon and winter months, which provide the most favorable weather and optimal conditions to enjoy the natural beauty of the falls and the surrounding area.
During this time, the water flow in the waterfall is usually at its best, making for a more impressive and photogenic sight. Not only this but the humidity is also relatively lower, which is great for trekking and exploring the area.
One can also plan a getaway to Kanthanpara Waterfalls in winter, which starts in December and continues until February. The winter months offer cool and comfortable weather, with daytime temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C, and cooler nights. The waterfalls may have slightly less water flow compared to the post-monsoon season, but they remain a beautiful sight.
Avoid visiting during the peak of the monsoon (June to August) when heavy rains can make the area slippery, muddy, and potentially dangerous. Similarly, the summer months (March to May) can be hot and humid, which might make the trek to the waterfall less enjoyable.
How to Reach Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad?
Getting to the Kanthanpara Waterfalls is relatively straightforward. First, go to Wayanad, which is well-connected by road to major cities in Kerala, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu. Once you reach Wayanad, look for public transportation like a local bus to get down to Kalpetta, which is approximately 22 km away from Kanthanpara Waterfalls.
From Kalpetta, you can hire a private taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Wayanad to commute to your desired location with ease. The drive offers beautiful views of the lush green landscapes of Wayanad.
Book an all-inclusive Wayanad tour package with us to enjoy your Wayanad tour to the fullest. We at Wayanad Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, strive to offer the best services to our diverse clientele. Our team of travel experts has designed a variety of Wayanad travel packages that can be customized as per your holiday needs. We can also help you curate an itinerary that allows you to cover the top sightseeing places in Wayanad. Please fill out the Contact Us form to learn more about our services.