Neelimala View Point in Kerala is an enthralling trekking destination of Wayanad set amidst greenery. It offers a full view of the cascading Meenmutty Waterfalls.
The short trek to Neelimala View Point is as beautiful as the destination. It offers not only untrodden paths but also a pristine view of the Western Ghats. You can get charming views of the beautiful green valley and misty peaks in the distance.
If you love to explore nature, this offbeat viewpoint is a must in your itinerary. It’s a splendid tourist spot to appreciate the beauty of nature. Your visit will be incomplete without visiting it.
The warm aroma of coffee keeps you company the entire way.
Where is Neelimala View Point in Wayanad?
Neelimala View Point is near Vaduvanchal, about 30 km from Wayanad. From the entrance, a jeep takes you inside the forest for a trek to the viewpoint. The trail in the woods offers a serene and stimulating environment for a fun-filled time with your group.
Image Gallery of Neelimala View Point Wayanad
Things to do at Neelimala View Point
1. Trekking to the viewpoint – Neelimala View Point is a scenic destination favourite among trekkers. The trail takes you through green forests and aromatic coffee plantations. And as you reach the end of the track, the magnificent sight of mountains emerges from the clouds.
You can even see the glistening white waters of Meenmutty Falls cascading down the valley. It’s an offbeat, hidden trekking spot perfect for a private trip with family and friends.
2. Enjoying the jeep ride – A short jeep ride on a rocky trail takes visitors to the trekking point. So, even if you don’t want to go for the tiring trek, you can experience the magnificence and beauty of nature during the ride. The cool breeze sips into your soul as you admire the farms and rolling hills on the way.
3. Capturing panoramic photos – While Neelimala View Point Wayanad is frequented mostly by adventure lovers, it’s also a paradise for photography lovers. Exploring the virgin forests could be an unforgettable experience. The views of Meenmutty Falls, the verdant mountains and the deep valleys also call the shutterbugs to Neelimala.
Details of Neelimala View Point Trek
A jeep takes you to the trek starting point about 2-3 km from the entrance. From there, a guide accompanies you as you walk up the hill. It’s a narrow and steep trail, but the view from the top is worth all the effort.
From the viewpoint, you can see the surrounding mountain ranges and the milky white water of Meenmutty Falls gushing through them. A fresh aroma of coffee from the nearby plantations also floats through the air.
The serene atmosphere and the chirping birds at Neelimala View Point can instantly calm all the senses. On the way, you’ll also find a small temple and waterfall.
- Trek length: 2-3 km (one way)
- Trek duration: 30 minutes (one way)
- Trek difficulty: Moderate
Neelimala View Point Timings and Entry Fee
Neelimala View Point is open between 9 AM and 5 PM. While you can visit it any time of the year, it’s best to go there during winter (from November to February) when the weather is the best. 1-2 hours should be sufficient for the viewpoint. But you must take permission from the forest department for the visit.
Neelimala View Point entry fee is zero, but you need to pay ₹500 for the jeep ride. It can carry 6-7 people at a time.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Neelimala View Point
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Keep hats and sunglasses.
- Carry plenty of water.
- Be with the guide at all times.
- Keep your camera handy.
- People with health problems should avoid the trek.
- Take prior Forest Department permission for the trek.
How to reach Neelimala View Point Wayanad?
Neelimala View Point’s distance from Wayanad is 30 km. Kalpetta bus stand is the closest to it, 26 km away. The nearest railway station to Neelimala View Point is Kozhikode Railway Station (94 km away), and the airport is Calicut International Airport (106 km away).
Now, here’s how to reach Neelimala View Point –
By bus – You’ll find buses from Wayanad to Vaduvanchal. From the bus stop, you’ll find auto-rickshaws to take you to the viewpoint entrance, a few kilometers away from the town.
By taxi/cab – A taxi/cab is the best way to visit and explore Neelimala View Point. You can book a cab from the top car rental companies in Wayanad. It enables you to visit the viewpoint at your convenience and enjoy the views for as long as you want.
Book our Wayanad tour packages, where we offer an immersive experience to the charming hill station of Wayanad. We at Wayanad Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, are committed to providing you with the best services so that you can have an unforgettable vacation. Our Wayanad tour packages are tailored to your budget, duration, and preferences, so you can enjoy the town at your own pace and visit all the popular sightseeing places of Wayanad leisurely. Please fill the Contact Us form to get in touch with us.