Wayanad is situated at the lush green border of the state of Kerala and is tucked away within the mountains of Western Ghats. This place is beautiful, clean, charming, and rich in culture and history. This lush hill station lies 76 kilometers from Kozhikode's seashores and is home to a variety of crops, forests, and animals. It offers a refreshing escape for nature lovers and adventure seekers. If you are looking to explore the abundance of nature in Wayanad you can book a Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Package.
Wayanad Hills is home to a wide variety of indigenous plants and wild animals. The pleasant landscape allows them to freely roam in their natural habitat. The natural grandeur of the hill station and abundant wildlife make it the ideal destination for a weekend trip with family, friends, or colleagues. Offering a plethora of options, Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Packages by Holidays DNA suits the needs of all types of travelers.
The wildlife reserves of Wayanad are home to an extraordinary variety of flora and fauna. The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, which is quietly situated within the Western Ghats hills, includes the Wayanad Wildlife Reserve as an essential component. Elephants, leopards, and bears are just a few of the many animals that may be found in Wayanad.
We offer a curated list of Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Packages designed according to the needs of different types of travelers. Our list has the details of the best cab vendors from Wayanad allowing you to plan a convenient trip. We also assist with the entire planning of your trip and make arrangements for the tour for your comfort. Our tour packages are suitable for families with kids, backpackers, and even solo travelers. We ensure complete convenience as you have a memorable time at the numerous sightseeing places in Wayanad.
The customized Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Packages allow you to personalize your trip as per your needs. You can explore the preferred tourist attractions in and around the hill station and enjoy a leisure stay with our Wayanad tour packages with stay and hotel.
Apart from the wide variety of sightseeing places, our customized Wayanad tour packages include cab services from the listed providers. They focus on your comfort throughout the trip and take the experience several notches up by striving to make your tour enjoyable. The local cab service providers arrange trusted drivers who take you to various sightseeing places in Wayanad.
Top Places to Visit in Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Packages
1. Banasura Dam: The charming Banasura Sagar dam is located in the Wayanad district, nestled within the Banasura Hills. The second-biggest earthen dam in Asia, Banasura Dam is the largest in the nation. The extensive reservoir can be seen from the top of the dam in stunning detail.
A hike up to Banasura Peak is packed with streams, varied flora, fauna, lush tropical greenery, and spectacular waterfalls. Adventures like speed boating are also easily accessible. The construction of an earthen dam, sometimes referred to as an embankment dam, involves piling up soil, rock, clay, or sand. From the top of the hill, you can see Banasura Lake in all its captivating beauty.
2. Chembra Peak: The tallest peak of the Wayanad Hill Range, the Chembra Peak, rises near Meppady and is only 8 kilometers south of Kalpetta. It is 2000 meters above sea level. In addition to providing a comprehensive view over the entire Wayanad district, the Chembra peak also provides a good portion of Kozhikode, Malappuram, and Nilgiri districts.
It is a wonderland for tourists to explore because of the peak, the surrounding lush flora, and the renowned heart-shaped lake which has been credited to be the most popular tourist destination of all.
3. Edakkal Caves: The prehistoric Edakkal Caves are two naturally occurring alcoves situated in the Wayanad district of Kerala and are renowned for their magnificent rock and wall decorations. The caves are enormous, measuring 1200 meters above sea level and 96 and 22 feet in length and width, respectively.
Due to its perilous placement, it takes an additional 45 minutes to go from the cave mouth to the entrance, which is around 4000 feet away. Due to its Neolithic, or late Stone Age, engravings, the Edakkal caverns are significant historically and archaeologically.
4. Kanthanpara Waterfall: Kanthanpara Waterfall is a captivating attraction situated between two emerald-green tea gardens. The waterfall's hiking trails are great for hikes in the lap of nature and the gorgeous setting is great for camping and allied activities. The waterfall’s alluring beauty provides an instant retreat from the bustling lifestyle and is thereby frequented quite often by the locals as well as the tourists.
5. Lakkidi Viewpoint: High above the city, Lakkidi Viewpoint provides a bird's eye perspective. At an elevation of 700 meters and 32 kilometers from Wayanad, the area typically remains foggy and provides a lovely view of the hairpin twists down the hill. Driving up to the place is exciting in and of itself. For the greatest views, go to Lakkidi View Point around sunrise and sunset. The vista, commonly known as the "Gateway to Wayanad," is a well-liked picnic location and you sure should not miss out on an opportunity to visit here.
6. Soochipara Falls: Soochipara Falls, a three-tiered waterfall near Vellarimala, Wayanad, is sometimes referred to as Sentinel Rock Waterfalls. This waterfall is regarded as one of the great waterfalls and is surrounded by deciduous, evergreen, and montane woods.
Some of the best tea farms in Wayanad may be seen from the road as it travels from Meppadi to Sentinel Rock Waterfalls. One can enjoy swimming and taking a bath in the big pool created by the waterfall's water flow. You will surely be able to have fun and rejuvenate from the monotony of life here at Soochipara Falls.
7. Kuruva Island: A stunning tiny island called Kuruvadweep may be found in Kerala's Wayanad district in the River Kabini. It is the only island in India with freshwater surrounding it. Visitors come from all over the world to this region because of its mesmerizing beauty, and its scenery makes it a popular place for nature walks.
Visit the island to take in the beautiful surroundings and get in touch with nature. You will undoubtedly feel at peace because of the island's tranquility, which is something everyone seeks out in today's hectic and fast-paced society.
8. Wayanad Heritage Museum: The Ambalavayal Heritage Museum, also known as the Wayanad Heritage Museum, is an archaeological museum with a noteworthy collection of artifacts from local tribes. It is home to an intriguing collection of rare artifacts from the second century.
Some of these artifacts, which include common household objects, decorative items, terracotta figurines, memorial stones, etc., date back to the Neolithic era. The museum is quite popular with respect to the culture and history enthusiasts who frequently visit here.
9. Sulthan Bathery: Sulthan Bathery, formerly known as Ganapativatom, is a charming and tranquil town that can be found in Kerala's Wayanad district. After the great king Tipu Sultan of Mysore attacked the area and utilized the nearby Jain Temple as a battery, the location acquired its new moniker.
The town of Sulthan Bathery is a well-liked tourist attraction that receives visitors throughout the year thanks to its lovely climate, fantastic shopping choices, and amazing historical landmarks.
10. Thirunelli Temple: The Lord Maha Vishnu is the subject of the Thirunelli Temple, an old temple. It is surrounded by lovely hills and verdant trees and is situated in Kerala's Wayanad district. It is perched on one side of the Brahmagiri hills, near the Karnataka border, at a height of 900 meters, viewing the rugged terrain and dense forests. The Sahyamala Kshetram and Kashi of the South are some other popular names for the Thirunelli Temple.
These are just a few tourist attractions of Wayanad, if interested you can also plan a visit to other places in Wayanad such as Koottamunu Glass Temple, Anantnath Swami Temple, Varambetta Mosque, and Thrissilery Shiva Temple.
You can try trekking and nature walking in Vvythiry to add adventure to your trip. E3 Theme Park is another sightseeing place that offers a refreshing experience in the lap of nature.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Wayanad Local Sightseeing Tour Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi local sightseeing tour packages, Chennai local sightseeing tour packages, Kolkata local sightseeing tour packages, Hyderabad local sightseeing tour packages, and Mumbai local sightseeing tour packages.
If you have an extra day or two and wish to explore more areas near Wayanad on your Wayanad local sightseeing tour packages, then you can choose an exclusive tour to places such as Meenmutty Waterfalls (29 km), Seetha Devi Temple (34 km), Kalpetta (13 km), Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary (44 km), and Valliyoorkavu Bhagavathi Temple (24 km).
Interested in exploring Wayanad? Hurry request a call back now from our team for a memorable experience of local sightseeing in Wayanad!